|Reeseville Public Library|
|Contact us:||Reeseville Public Library||216 South Main Street||PO Box 279||Reeseville WI 53579||Phone/Fax:
The mission of the Reeseville Public Library is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
Services include books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and periodicals available to check out for free! Three public computers are also available for use.
A Season of Celebration:50 Years of Library Service to the Reeseville Community!
Planning for Library service to this community was underway for many months during 1964. And the doors of the Village Hall actually opened to Library patrons early in September of that year.
In honor of that event, many special things are taking place:
- The Reeseville Area Chamber of Commerce invited the Library to celebrate our 50th Anniversary with them at the July Annual Picnic.
- Inspire Magazine highlighted the Library in its August edition. If you have not seen the article, stop by the Library to get a copy.
- Area Newspapers have done feature articles.
- Thanks to our friends at the State Bank of Reeseville, flyers highlighting our Anniversary Open House were included in statements.
- Thanks to Teri Wolff and Mary Kromm at the Reeseville Post Office, during September your mail will be cancelled with a special edition commemorative stamp. These are collector's items and we are already getting requests from around the country for cancelled mail. Thanks also to Heather Fischer, graphic designer for MidWisconsin Federated Library System for designing the stamp.
- On a snowy January day, students from Dodgeland and some wonderful Library supporters gathered for a photo shoot. You will be seeing the posters that they created around town for the next several months.
- And you all are invited to attend an Anniversary Open House Reception on Saturday, September 6, 1-3PM at the Library. There will be a brief program at 2PM and pictures taken of past and present staff and volunteers. Stop by to see our newly refurbished exterior, reconnect with friends who have served the Library in the past and enjoy cake and punch. There will be drawings throughout the event for gift cards for area businesses.
Looking forward to the next 50 years of serving this great community.
The Board and Staff of the Library
Senior Apartment Book Chat:
Tuesday, September 9th, 2PM at the Reeseville Senior Apartments, Mrs. Kozi and the group will talk about the book, The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks and other material that they have been reading.
Crafting With Miss Jess:
Join Jr and Sr High students on Thursday, September 11th, 4PM at the Library. Bricks to Books- turn an ordinary brick into a bookend or doorstop in the likeness of your favorite book. Snack provided.
Book Breakfast at the Reeseville Public Library (NEW VENUE):
Saturday, September 13th, 8:30 AM at the Reeseville Public Library. Join us and enjoy a tasty Continental Breakfast (provided) and share about the books you are reading.
Reeseville Rockin' Readers:
3rd-6th graders will resume this fun and fast paced book discussion on Monday, September 15th, 4PM at the Library. The book for September is, Rules, by Cynthia Lord - copies available at the Library. Book must be read before the meeting.
Family Night at the Library:
This popular event featuring area guests will start again this Fall. Bring the whole family on Tuesday, September 30th, 7PM at the Library for a fun and informative evening. Watch the Library website, Facebook page and posters for more info about this month's guest.
Calling all Teens:
Our Teen group is off to a great start with some really fun and challenging summer activities. The Teen Board is busy planning for more great events for the upcoming school year. We will share the news with you on our website, Facebook page and posters. If you would like to be on a mailing list for these events, be sure to stop in or call the Library to let us know.